Thursday, 20 October 2016

Sent and received

For the curious: it takes a letter 3 days to reach Sweden from Spain, and vice versa (better than Germany, which takes 6-7 days). Within Spain itself it can take longer time, because each city has its own holiday and they are quite a few.
 I brought a part of my letter paper collection with me, and rightly so: decorated letterpaper and envelopes are hard to find in Spain. Each day I try to write a few lines, so friends will have a dense report of events, which should make a good read.
From that point of view, postcards are a challenge (try summarize all you want on that tiny space!) I remember an exhibition of postcards from Israel at the art hall Marabouparken: even when visiting a country at war, senders only mention the nice weather and that everything is fine. Well, I mentioned bureaucracy and history and work, and, then, unavoidably, the hot temperature.
I like unusual cards. These are quite typical here, though.
I strive for graphical diversity, but I also do not think doublets from time to time do any harm. I mean, you have told the same story more than once to different friends, right?
The first letter from abroad to land in my mailbox had small red hearts instead of all the dots over the i's on the front and made me miss winter and its beauty for a moment.
This parrot was one of the last postcards to reach me in Stockholm before I left.
And last week: very good news from Germany. 

2 comments: