Thursday, 31 December 2015

What happened in 2015 (and some 2016 plans)

Happy new year, everyone!

Summing up the past (very briefly) and planning ahead.

Experiences from 2015:

* I touched a meteorite. As far as I know, for the first time in my life.

* I visited Italy for the first time ever. Night train trip in June from Milan to Rome is by far one of my best experiences. It went from "oh, this could be so dangerous, should I be sleeping sitting on my wallet?" to "oh this is so much fun!"

* I went to Belgium and could in doing so fastforward the spring and summer - a trick I might come back to more often (that is also how I quickly got cured from having a cold)! Spring was late and non-existent in Sweden at the time.

* A publishing house, Queerlequin, gave me positive crisisism. I had written a love and sex story for a competition (uncommon love stories as a theme) and the good comments were that it is well-written and entertaining. The good part about the negative criticism was that I was aware of everything that was pointed out. I did after all write 46 pages in one month, including research and reading up to one book on this theme per day.

*a guy mistook me for a Muslim woman. That is how I for the first time in my life got to experience that special appreciating look because of the meaning of a scarf wrapped around my head.

* I got to play a computer game that is not yet released on the market! Its name starts on "Adventures."

*some other, really nice things happened as well. I will not write them here. I will keep them in my heart.

In 2016, I would like to:

¤ learn to play the harp

¤ [start] learn[ing] a new language

¤ go to a country I have not been to yet, like Greece or Croatia

¤ write an essay for an essay competition (topic is free and deadline is in March)

¤ maybe exhibit some of my art

¤ other cool stuff

On the world's behalf, in a longer prospective:

no more economic bubbles

☆ that more people make friends with people they usually do not hang out with

☆ a more serious treatment worldwide of nurses, that often get to meet patients more often than doctors and teachers, who get to teach 40 hours per week in parts of Chile (so they have no life left if they also are to plan lectures, correct assignments, set grades and be alive) or need guards in parts of Nigeria to be sure that no attack against school is made (which again proves how important education is). They are dealing with the future - kids! Give them an applause. And more money.

What did you do in 2015 that you will remember for a while ahead? Any plans for 2016 that you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment